Saturday, May 25, 2013

"Oscar de la Renta" Gown with Evening Jacket

This one is for Margaret and Micheline and all the ladies that I was fortunate enough to have on my team during my time as buyer and manager for the Boutique at Holt's.  While I knew very little of women's fashion going into that position, the ladies always provided colorful guidance.  After experience gained from many Oscar trunk shows, I suspected this outfit was vintage Oscar before I saw the label.  While it is a little off the beat of our usual Michael Thomas offerings, it also "fits" in that it is exceptional design, excellent quality and has an elegant edge.  In addition, remembering retails upwards of $10,000.00 on his gowns in the mid nineties, it is a great value.  This "Oscar Awards worthy" outfit dates to the late sixties and is made up of a long pleated, belted gown which buttons at the back and ties in the front and an evening jacket with mink cuffs.  The fabric is a woven silver metallic and the jacket and gown are both fully silk lined.   It is a vintage size 12.  American, c. 1960's  SOLD