Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Georgian Writing/ Architect's Table





I continue to purchase beautiful antique pieces for my historic Hudson Valley house overlooking the river.  Then I return home and I am once again faced with the realization that I don't have said dream home.  One day the dream may become a reality, but for now, my loss is the shop's gain.  Today, the gain comes in the form of this wonderful Georgian writing/ architect's table.  This period mahogany table/ desk has an adjustable top with its original gold embossed, green leather writing surface.  There is a pull out writing surface on the side and a single drawer in the front with the original patinated brass pull.  The sides and front have contrasting inlaid banding.  While the desk is over 200 years old, it is timeless both in style and in function.  It is the perfect size for a lap top, and there is ample leg room.  31.5" h., 24" w., 18" d.  American, c. 1800  SOLD
Condition:  Very good vintage condition with minor veneer loss.