Monday, January 28, 2013

Pair of Lucille Ball Photographs



I Love Lucy.  Who doesn't?  When I was a teenager visiting my older brother in Manhattan, we went out for brunch to Mortimer's with some of his friends.  Mortimer's was a tony restaurant on the upper east side which was always good for a celebrity spotting.  Lucille Ball was seated at a table next to ours, and I was particularly star struck.  I was also amazed that her "golden apricot" (name according to her hair dresser) hair color was actually even more vibrant than it appeared on television.  That said, I couldn't pass up these vintage original framed photographs.  One is of her lounging in her Beverly Hills home and the other is a very animated portrait.  They are lots of fun and almost have a David Lachapelle feel in their intensity and saturation of color, and of course in their celebrity subject matter.  A very appropriate Valentine gift.... Framed; at home 30 1/2" l. 26 1/2" h.; animated portrait 20 1/2" l., 24" h.  American, 1970's. SOLD