Wednesday, December 18, 2019

John Widdicomb Hollywood Regency Chest

I have this problem.  I fall in love with these exuberant pieces and picture exactly where and how they could be used to make a room come alive.  Then as I'm driving back to Canada, I usually think....damn, what have I done?  No one will see the possibilities.  Fortunately, I have enough clients who love a broad mix and know just how to make the perfect interior cocktail.  So.....here we have MCM (Mid-century Majestic) at its finest.  This Louis/ French Provincial/ Hollywood Regency style chest by John Widdicomb is a 10 out of 10.  I've never seen better craftsmanship and the condition is near mint.  Hand carved, hand painted, nine drawer chest in an antiqued white finish with embossed and gold paint decoration.  The ornate pulls are patinated bronze and four of the drawers have dividers.  There is a custom glass top.  "Decorating is Fun"  - Dorothy Draper  ...or at least is should be.  69" l., 21" d., 33.5" h.  American, c. 1950's  SOLD
Condition:  Excellent vintage condition with age appropriate wear.