Thursday, April 2, 2020

Thank You




It feels like we're going to be learning, and relearning, a lot about ourselves and each other during this period....and while we reset to a 'new normal' down the road.  Over the last couple of weeks, I've relearned how great my friends and clients are, and how willing people are to step up to the plate.  Thank you so much to everyone who has stepped up and contributed to this week's bake!  As I'm organizing all the beautiful goods for tomorrow's deliveries and finishing up the last batch of my mom's butterhorns, I'm feeling a little more optimistic than I did yesterday (or for the last little while) People care!  
Tomorrow's deliveries are going to the health care workers at 3 local seniors residences and nursing homes.
I've had people reach out over the past few days expressing concern for our safety regarding what we're doing.  Thank you so much for that too.  But we're good.  I've coordinated and am leaving deliveries outside the facilities and contacting the health care workers to come pick up after I've delivered the packages.  I'm also leaving packages at the home doors of individual health care workers to bring to their teams.
I'd like to keep this going as long as possible.  We have a few 'perpetual donors' but also hope for new donors each week.  If you can help out, please DM me.  Thanks very much!  Stay safe.  Be well.  And bake good.  We'll bake it through this!